At Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center, you can create your own magnificant work of art with the help of the experts in the glass studio. Reserve today by appointment only by calling 1.800.998.4552 ext.139 All programs are hands-on, one-on-one experiences available for anyone sixteen (16) years of age or older. As the participant, you will receive a complimentary pass for the day.
Take a stroll through the craft studios and view all of thier skilled craftmen and artists at work. The glass studios are opened to the general public from April through December, Tuesday through Sunday, from 10am to 5pm. You can watch contemporary glass being blown in a traditional, 1800's replica glass house.
Visit the Museum of Glass where you can find spectacular works of art created from the artists at the Wheaton Arts. In 1973, the T.C. Wheaton Glass Factory opened and the Museum of American Glass shortly followed. Today, the collection has expanded to over 12,000 pieces and is the most compreshensive exhibit of American glass in the world.
They have a wonderful General Store that takes you back in time. Visit Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center during your next trip. There is something for everyone at Wheaton General Store.
Click the link below to visit the Wheaton Arts & Cultural Center:
Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center 2011 Sunday Family Fun Days - June 26th to December 18th - Kids 17 & under are admitted FREE every Sunday!
Be part of art! Join in the whole family can enjoy on our Sunday Family Fun Days throughout the year. Interactive programming includes hands on art projects and crafts, seasonal design competitions and special events, to name a few. Kids seventeen and under are FREE! Visit wheatonarts.org or likeus on Facebook for activity updates!
Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center is located at 1501 Glasstown Rd. in Millville, NJ 08332
Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center is celebrating the 10th Annual Wheaton Arts Golf Classic at the Running Deer Golf Club in Pittsgrove, NJ on Tuesday, September 20th, 2011.
7:30 am Stroke Play Shotgun 1:00 pm Scramble Shotgun Start
For registration/Sponsorship please contact Katherine Landberg at 856,825.6800 X 114 or you may email her directly at KLANDBERG@WHEATONARTS.ORG
All Proceeds will benefit the Arts Programs for Children at Wheaton Arts.
Save the date for Saturday, October 1st and Sunday, October 2nd, 2011 for the Festival of Fine Craft at the Wheaton Arts and Cultural Center!
The event will be held at the indoor Event Center and outdoors on the green under a large tent. Over 130 juried artist, craft demonstrations, entertainment and specialty foods throughout the day!
Sunday Special Events
Sunday, August 21: Join us as we host the 31st Annual Antique Fire Apparatus Show, Muster and Fire Fighter's Family Day presented by Glasstown Antique Fire Brigade, South Jersey Chapter of SPAAMFAA. All day fun: 10am-5pm. Children can participating in painting a Fire Muster themed mural.
Sunday, August 28: Family Music and Movement Swing, sway, laugh and play! Instructor, Amy Strange, will guide families on a exploration of music. Enjoy singing, dancing and moving to music as a family. This activity is available to children newborn and up.
• Sunday, September 11: Nature Crafts on site. To celebrate the opening of a new exhibit: "Nature Inspired," WheatonArts’ staff will be leading students through an ongoing, hands on activity using objects found in nature. 1pm-3pm outside of the Gallery of Fine Craft. This activity takes place during the Glasstown Corvette Show.
• Sunday, September 18: Japanese Traditions and Culture. Visit us on Sept. 18 to celebrate Japanese cultural traditions. Activities include traditional dance performances, a Kimono fashion show, and much, much more! Don’t forget to visit Japanese Ceremonial Dolls, on display in the Down Jersey Folklife Center. All day fun: 10am-5pm.
• Sunday, October 2: Festival of Fine Craft. As always, there will be plenty to do for kids during WheatonArts’ Annual Festival of Fine Craft. Make your own scarecrow, paint a mural or participate in a craft at our kid’s activity tent. Come see the Great Square Pumpkin being made in the Glass Studio! All day fun: 10am-5pm.
• Sunday, October 16: Finger Puppet Craft
• Sunday, October 30: Halloween Trick or Treating. Dress up and join WheatonArts’ and Mystic Realms for a spooky Halloween!
• Sunday, November 6: Hands on Craft in the Museum Stores
• Sunday, November 27: Vitreous Music: The Making of Holiday Instruments in Glass in the Glass Studio
• Sunday, December, 4: Handmade Wrapping Paper and Gift Tags, with Julie Tippie
• Sunday,December 11 : Holiday Ornaments, with Julie Tippie